Re: [Mldonkey-users] Getting Traffic up/down from mldonkey

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Getting Traffic up/down from mldonkey
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:15:27 +0100

Roland Arendes wrote...
> Is there any fast and proper way to get the current upload and
> downloadrate via shell/perlscripts?

> I like the output of donitor (
> http://www.edu.uni-klu.ac.at/~splattne/donitor/monitor_12h.html ), but it
> does it in a way i don't like and which is very, very slow and
> unprofessional (creating every 20 seconds ipchains/tables-rules for all
> connections it finds via lsof of mldonkey and count the bytes collected by
> these chains -> creates a load of 0,82 on my machine).

talking about over-engineering again....:)

> So, I had the idea of creating a perlscript which logs into the telnet
> interface, sends a 'vd' and counting all rates. But, this is not a
> professional way, too.

thats how i do it...try the command bw_stats....it gives you just what
you want!

Down: 61.9 KB/s ( 103 + 63298 ) | Up: 2.2 KB/s ( 24 + 2180 ) | Shared: 25/25

or check out the file onlinesig.dat in mldonkeys home-dir:

1|LovePoint.biz|62.241.35.16|4242
32.0|21.4|0

it shows your connected master-server,its ip and port and down+upstream
but this file is only updated when mldonkey saves its config-files
(see save_options_delay)

ps: instead of a perl-script you can use the mldonkey_command script
in distrib-subdir of cvs - it uses netcat - simple and fast!