Re: [Mldonkey-users] Network.recover_temp not implemented by...

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Network.recover_temp not implemented by...
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:16:47 +0100

Andrew Klaassen wrote...
> Network.recover_temp not implemented by Soulseek
> Network.recover_temp not implemented by BitTorrent
> Network.recover_temp not implemented by FileTP
> Network.recover_temp not implemented by Fasttrack
> Network.recover_temp not implemented by G2
> Network.recover_temp not implemented by Gnutella
> Network.recover_temp not implemented by Open Napster
> Any idea what "Network.recover_temp not implemented" means?
> I've tried all three static Linux compiles from:

that means that the function "recover_temp" (which is executed
automatical on each start of mldonkey to recover lost files) is not
implemented by the mentioned networks. ATM only the edonkey-network
supports recovering files so the other network-plugins say
"recover_temp not implemented by <me>".... as soon as the code is
written (if ever...) recovering will work and the messages will
dissappear. Until then you can ignore them!

The messages appear only in newer versions because the old version
did not try to recover files by itself!

btw: all mldonkey-versions older than 2.5-4+2 are obsolete and should
not be used anymore! they dont support latest protocol-extensions and
contain many bugs.