[Mldonkey-users] ini prefs strangeness

From: Brett Dikeman
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] ini prefs strangeness
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:45:48 -0500

Folks,

I've got a problem where mldonkey 2.5-12 incessantly resurrects old files that have long since been downloaded and won't keep its preferences. This behavior started after an upgrade to the latest version.

Looking more closely, files.ini has the dead files whereas files.ini.old has the current files. Huuuuh?

Then, looking at donkey.ini I can see my current preferences- and running "save" causes donkey.ini.old to match it...but if I come back 30 minutes later, donkey.ini.old now has the OLD values!

I've tried deleting the offending files so they get recreated, but it's not helping. In fact, after deleting several of the ini files and making sure temp/ was empty, I STILL got the old files back in my queue when I started up mldonkey...must have missed something, but...

Also, I still seem to be having problems with clients sitting in my upload queue doing nothing, preventing legitimate clients from getting slots...why is there no timeout that boots a client if it doesn't start transfering in, say, 30 seconds?

Brett