Re: [Mldonkey-users] Paused d/l and memory leaks?

From: Jochen Radmacher
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Paused d/l and memory leaks?
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 17:02:57 +0200

Hi,
Anders Norrbring wrote:

This has happened to me when I run out of disk space in my temp directory.
Check that.

Well... :)  400+GB free there....
then check your access rigths to your download directory and to the files in there. Also check if the download dir is really wher you expect it.

[...]

I have MLNet 2.5-17 running on SuSE Linux 9.0
2.5-17 is considert unstable.

Every now and then I see downloads suddenly listed as "Paused", but no
user
interaction has occurred.

Another problem is memory leaks (?) or whatever it is...  After a couple
of
hours up and running, it consumes just a few MB of memory, but at a new
check after a couple of days it takes up more than 600MB of memory.
Some peoble have that Problem, some People don't. The Question is: Where is the memory leak: In the mldonkey code, the ocaml libs or some external c/c++ lib?

I'm running gentoo on dual P2-400 256MB RAM (only stable core-packages). ocaml 3.06 and self compiled mldonkey (with --enable-pthreads). Only edonkey,overnet,bt und ftp/http enabled. stable 50-60MB ram usage. Has someone a similar setup (gentoo, ocaml3.06,the same enabled nets) and a memory leak?
Greets
Jochen
[...]