Re: AW: AW: [Mldonkey-users] Re: AW: re[7]:

From: Lionel Bouton
Subject: Re: AW: AW: [Mldonkey-users] Re: AW: re[7]:
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:04:39 +0200

Alexander_Gräf wrote the following on 22.06.2005 00:30 :

>We can argue a lot about that, however, most mailing-lists which I am
>subscribed to have the Reply-To-header "munged", and thus make it very
>comfortable for me to write responses. No one there did ever argue about this
>feature. The author of the doc has his points, but I dont trust someone who
>still reads his mails with a console program (in the year 2002!).

Your other arguments made sense, you only hurt your credibility with
this last one: although my usual MUA is Thunderbird I sometimes use
console mail programs where it makes sense (for some special purposes
the capabilities of graphical MUAs are very far from the ones of some
console MUAs). I don't know many blind people who use graphical MUAs
either...

For the Reply-To, one problem I didn't see mentionned yet is when a user
sets the Reply-To header for its own purpose. I regularly do so (not on
mldonkey-users though) and I wouldn't like it being replaced by the
mailling-list manager without me having any control on it.

Lionel.