[Mldonkey-users] simple (stupid? ) question

From: mrkiko
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] simple (stupid? ) question
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:31:00 +0100

Hi all! I'm a ml-donkey user, even if I'm not registered to this mailing list.
I'm using mldonkey succesfully for all the aspects of the program... but I've a
question. After a little time i configured it very well:
- it's connected to a lot of servers (razorback for example)
- i can handle messages
- it upload very well (I've a correct firewall setup)
- DOWNLOAD? It doesn't download anything! I can accumulate a lot of
minute-credits, but it doesn't download, or it download very, very slowly also
very popular files. I made a test with a file with a friend usin eMule. It was
only a test to see if was the program having problems or I having problems in
choosing files. We've the same connectivity providers, the same file-data but
he downloaded the files in two hours, I'm waiting again :D . It's a stupid
test, but ml-donkey (in my situation) seems to download only slowly... Why? I
also ported a mobile pc on this lan and, using eMule it downloaded ok...
If someone want donkey.ini or downloads.ini, it can make me know.

Infos:
Version: 2.5.30.17
Building infos: built for i386, no multinetwork and GD supports, no gui
supports.
Networks. only GLOBAL SHARES and DONKEY network.
Upload average in two minutes: 20.9 kb/s (I limited it)
Download average in two minutes: 1.5 kb/s
File sources: 250
Active sources: 16

Razorback2 (server banner 1 ) warned me about the fact that I'm not using an
up-to-date client, but I don't know of the existence of a more recent
ml-donkey. I must use ml-donkey because I can only handle console
application... If my question is stupid, I like to be warned (motivations and
so).