[Mldonkey-users] [patch #4406] Improved Unicode filename support

From: Amorphous
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] [patch #4406] Improved Unicode filename support
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:05:29 +0200

Update of patch #4406 (project mldonkey):

Follow-up Comment #5:

Charset.to_locale is needed, as the user may use some locale other than uft-8
. (i'm not sure how that is handeled on windows, but if windows allways uses
utf-8 then we should detect the windows locale as that (then logically
.to_locale will just output utf-8). i guess all nt versions use utf-8 for the
filesystem/locale, right? but win9x might not support it.)

Anyway i guess the problem is somewhere else in the code. It seems we add the
file to shares when commiting it (with the filename with whatever encoding the
string had). And the second time when we check all shares and see the filename
with the encoding we converted it to (with .to_locale).
Thus we also need to convert the filename with .to_locale in the first case.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=4406>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/