SSL support

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: SSL support
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:06:03 +0200 (CEST)

Hi everyone...

... maybe I was again programming to early before asking the other
developers, but the code was flowing too fast from my fingers so I can't
stop it. (-:

I have made a client/server (open)ssl wrapper library for monit.  It
is able to initiate complete ssl connections (including the net stuff)
or it can add a ssl layer on exiting sockets.  Create, close, accept,
send, recv, gc is implemented. (see ssl.c/ssl.h)

Why...
- to check services which are forged via ssl (imaps, https, pop3s...)
- to check the actual ssl service (e.g. cert issuer, cert age)
- to give the monit http server ssl support (maybe also with auth over
  client cert check)

It is not yet integrated in any code but it already uses monits code
for the network stuff.  I have attached the actual code with two demo
progs to inspire you.  They are test_cli.c and testsrv.c and it should
be obvious what they do. (-:  Simply unpack it in the monit source,
compile instruction is in the code.

Development was done with openssl-0.9.6e.  Btw, I was inspired by two
demos in the openssl code.

Bye,

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113