Re: monit README.SSL l.l monit.pod monitrc p.y

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: monit README.SSL l.l monit.pod monitrc p.y
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 17:23:29 +0000

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

Actually I don't like the syntax I have made... but it works.

Well it's not that bad, but I can see why building on the existing
statement could be better.  Personally I like the first version best
(the x.y version reminds me to much of Java properties files :) Mayby
throw in some noise keyword so it says:

set http
  port 1234

  address somehost
  allow nobody:nothing
  allow nowhere

where "enable, and, the" and "use" are noise keywords.

I would like more something like:

set http
   port 1234
   ssl
   pemfile "./foobar.pem"
   address somehost
   allow nobody:nothing
   allow nowhere

or

set http
   port 1234
   ssl.enable
   ssl.pemfile "./foobar.pem"
   address somehost
   allow nobody:nothing
   allow nowhere

Hi all :)

what about to combine both statements so it will seems like:

set http
   port 1234
   ssl [enable | disable]
   pemfile "./foobar.pem"
   address somehost
   allow nobody:nothing
   allow nowhere

Christians or above format will be more easier to parse automaticly in alternate configuration sources (pemfile option could be optional). Due to my bloody work i prepare it by the snail speed - it is yet not finished, but it could be possible to write ldap module so, that new attributes can be added only by extending ldap schema (monit objectclasses) by new attribute (monit's source modification will not be required). When the configuration will use style:

enable ssl and use the pemfile "./foobar.pem"

it will be still posiible, but it will require new additional entry under http configuration entry - no problem with it but it is more user friendly to have it in one entry . So my vote is either Christinas forst form or the above (more verbose modification of it hence enable/disable added).

Greetings,
Martin