RE: additional feature for monit-3.0 (for clusters)

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: RE: additional feature for monit-3.0 (for clusters)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:12:34 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

> > Agree - some suggestions?
>
> A though one, a new name :-) If we do not find a good name (I'm
> blank), we could combine, that is, use automonitor and autostart and
> set the value properly in the parser, i.e. override the value of
> autostart if it's true. (and document this behavior)
>
> BTW, using monit together with heartbeat is interesting, do you
> think you could write a FAQ or man file entry for this Oliver? (When
> we figure out what the statement should be)

I am kinda confused about all that... maybe it's simply to high level
for me... no peeking and poking the system.  So could some one give me
a short reason/explanation... why we should do all these many
confusing "set auto.*" things.

Couldn't it be integrated in the set autostart?  What about
"set autostart=[yes|no|manual]"?  As Hauk already mentioned... we
shouldn't bloat the language.  With that we won't even have the
problem with the "xor" thing.

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113