Re: additional feature for monit-3.0 (for clusters)

From: Oliver Jehle
Subject: Re: additional feature for monit-3.0 (for clusters)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:57:45 +0100

I think, this will be the  solution for the
"autostart-naming-meaning-problem".
with mode, there is a small change in the parser, and a clear statement for
the users about
the meaning of the flags...

when i began play with monit, i'm very confussed about the meaning of
autostart... because it wasn't only
a autostart, the monitoring was also disabled... when turned off..

with this change (and my changes) and hearbeat, i think we have to
possibility to build clusters with the
same functionality like tru-cluster (HP/Compaq) or SUN with the Sun-Cluster
software... they offer perhaps
some enhancement like auto-take-over of disks and filesystems, but it's a
small script to import a vg and mount
a filesystem...

so i vote for mode instead of the autostart