Re: Monit file policy check for SSL files

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit file policy check for SSL files
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:42:32 +0000

Christian Hopp wrote:

Hi!

Right now we just check the security policy of the rcfile.  I have
made some code to do this for the SSL files too.

My idea:
- Server PEM files (it includes private keys) 0700 or less
- Client PEM files (it includes just certificates) 0744 or less

I have made a generalizes check_file routine which is used in
check_rcfiles and check_ssl_files.  It has a more descriptive error
message and it is now fully POSIX compatible (We don't know when we
might need it.).

In case it's okay I can sync the files.

Christian

+1