Re: Some SSL stuff.

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Some SSL stuff.
Date: 04 Nov 2002 16:59:09 +0100

Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> * I have cleaned up the SSL code.  So there is no Run.foo in it anymore.
>   The code is IMO better to read.  But that means:
>
>   1) I had to make a procedure "config_ssl(int conf_allow_self_cert)"
>      which has to be run before the first connetion takes place.  It is
>      done directly in p.y.
>
>   2) I had to split up the verify_callback into two independent ones.
>      One is used if we use client certification the other one if we
>      don't.
>
>   3) I had to increase the memory overhead per server by two and per
>      connection by one string.
>
> * I have added some additional information to "verbose output" (util.c)
>   and the "web output" (cervlet.c) about ssl forged service checks.
>
> * The README.SSL and monit.pod has some more information about client
>   certification.
>
> If it is okay I can commit at any time.

Sounds fine! You don't have to ask for checking into cvs, you know :-)
AFAIK this is a modification on existing functionality, our guidelines
only ask for agreement when new functionality or major changes should
be added.

BTW, I look forward to test the new ssl functionality some more,
initial testing this weekend was fun!

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland