Re: Some SSL stuff.

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: Some SSL stuff.
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 17:22:45 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Christian Hopp wrote:

> > BTW, you will need some kind of timeout or better, a non-blocking BIO
> > used by SSL_accept() in embed_accepted_ssl_socket() to avoid a block
> > and server hangup since the current check for timeout first happen in
> > process.c, i.e. after SSL_accept().
> The underlying socket are now embedded in a BIO.  That part works.

And it still works!

> Now I also want to feather bed the ssl connection into a BIO, too.

That would need a complete rewrite of the SSL engine and the
surrounding socket engine. They would have conceptional differences.
And that's a lot.

Isn't it possible to surround the accept stage in the same kind of
timeout frame like it is used in validate.c or would they collide?

Anyways, it seems to me we have make the underlying socket
non-blocking in order to make the ssl connection non-blocking.  That
means we need to do a
  fcntl(s, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK)
with our network socket.

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113