Re: Question

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Question
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:27:08 +0100

Yeah - i though about it too (it is monit's default behavior). It will be needed to implement it so, that it will keep state of p->do_validate after reload. Current behavior will forget its value after configuration reload. It is bad for cluster 'manual' mode too - monit's configuration reload is dangerous in such case. We maybe shouldn't release 3.1 before this problem will be solved.

Martin

address@hidden wrote:

Yes, but if I run "monit stop foo" it should stay stopped, and the
do_validate should not be set back to true when I re-load the
configuration.

So, the second question is:

I didn't change my config file, so what triggers a config reload?

Rory Toma wrote:

Let me clarify. I thought that the code that set the defaults in p.y
was only called on monit startup. What conditions could cause me to
visit this code again?