Re: Question

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: Question
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:58:12 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 address@hidden wrote:

> > There is the only one cause to reload monit's configuration without
> > monit restart - changed timestamp of monitrc. If you'll change
> > configuration and immediately load it, you can send monit signal to
> > wakeup. It then looks on timestamp and parses monitrc again. There
> > isn't  any other way (to force configuration reload) now. In the past i
> > made  patch for monit implementing SIGHUP, that caused forced
> > configuration  reload, but it was rejected (it isn't realy needed).
> >
> > Martin
> >

> I wonder what else would do it. I've managed to code myself into a place
> where this is happening, and I don't know why.

If you grep over the whole code with "do_[a-z]*init" you see that
"do_init" and "do_reinit" are only called in exactly one place.
do_init happes in main and only at startup.  And do_reinit is started
in do_default and it can only be called if "monitrc" has changed.

As long as there is no problem with is_rcfile_changed(), there can't
be any unexpected config reloads.

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113