Re: some bugs

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: some bugs
Date: 29 Nov 2002 23:40:45 +0100

Martin Pala <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> i tested monit little bit on Solaris8 and found following problems:
>
> 1.) Monit reloads configuration on every monit's wakup, even if
> monitrc wasn't touched.

As they say in Germany, "was ist loss!"

> Maybe i caused this bug in last patch - i'll look on it tomorrow.  I
> tested it on linux before i submitted the patch and i don't saw it,
> so i'm yet not sure where the problem is.

Very strange, I can't either reproduce it on my Linux system.

BTW, with your new code the parser has got conflicts: 4 shift/reduce,
can you fix it? (Timestamp statement crash with resource statement,
you can see this in the file y.output if you run bison -y -v -dt p.y)

> 2.) Monit sometimes fails after few minutes at:

> Nov 29 22:25:14 ims1 last message repeated 3 times
> Nov 29 22:27:07 ims1 monit[9916]: [ID 702911 user.error]
> AssertException: at util.c:788
>
> Nov 29 22:27:07 ims1 aborting..
>
> It is regarded to PID.

Good thing we added ASSERT (remember to always use this :) I
experienced something simmilar to this before and attribute it to the
depend code since it can loose process information in a start/stop
cycle initiated by a depend. I didn't bother to look more into it
since Rory is working with the code. But, I'm not sure if it's the
same problem here, unless you use depend?

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland