Re: monit CHANGES.txt alert.c configure.ac

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: monit CHANGES.txt alert.c configure.ac
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 00:19:38 +0100

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

Martin Pala <address@hidden> writes:

Yet explanation - FAILED type has now equal priority to RESTART
message, thus if someone has registered restart notification by:

alert address@hidden on { restart }

he/she will be noted in passive mode with failed message or in active
mode with restart message.

Yahoo, okay. I thought maybe this required more work including
creating a m->alert_on_fail. But this hack also does the trick :-)

Probably we could add 'failed' statement to the parser as alias for 'restart' (they are used for alert in the same situation but in different monitoring modes - passive vs. active). For the user who uses passive mode it will be more natural to use 'failed' statement for the same thing, because restarts aren't allowed. On the other side - if you preffer to split these two statements completely (add m->alert_on_fail, etc.), no problem :)

What about it?

Martin