Re: 'monit stop' and 'monit restart' too dangerous?

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: 'monit stop' and 'monit restart' too dangerous?
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 23:51:58 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Martin Pala wrote:

> >I agree with Rory on both these issues, that is, on both reload and
> >start/stop/restart. monit should work as most unix tools does; if you
> >execute a command it's executed without any more hassle. This may come
> >as a chock for windows users who expect at least one dialog box saying
> >stuff like [Are you really sure you want to do this?].  monit's target
> >audience are Unix folks and (although they may get burned from time to
> >time) would/should appreciate the Unix "just do it" style :-)

Of course you are all right on this.  I know these questions are anoying
and who types something doesnT deserve better.  The only confusing this
is,  users mistype "monit restart" thinking it means "restart monit" and
not restart all services.   I donT want to have a question anytime you
want to restart any foo or bar service.  I just would like to see some
token like all if you want to restart all services.  => "monit restart
all" instead of "monit restart".

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113