Re: Config reread issues...

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Config reread issues...
Date: 31 Jan 2003 01:32:22 +0100

Rory Toma <address@hidden> writes:

> I would not be opposed to having monit only reload if sent a signal.
>
> On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 14:55, Christian Hopp wrote:
> >
> > If you edit you config... you have no other chance!  Monit uses it right
> > away!  And it doesnT wait you any command.  I would prefer to give monit a
> > sign to reload... like SIGHUP (as already mentioned on the list).

Ehm, guys I implemented a config reload on SIGHUP and it's in the
lates official 3.1 release. Maybe you didn't notice since I put it in
the evening before the release ;)

Ps. If you change your monitrc file it's not loaded right away but on
the next poll cycle, I know you know this, but just to clarify. Since
the code is already in place and working for reloading in SIGHUP I'm
not opposed to removing the "check for monitrc changes in each poll
cycle" and just use reload on SIGHUP (it only requires an extra flag
test).

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland