Re: ssl version problem

From: Mark Foster
Subject: Re: ssl version problem
Date: 31 Jan 2003 11:52:34 -0800

For what it's worth, I was able to get the tests to work by setting
IO::Socket::SSL SSL_DEFAULT_VERSION to undef.
Previously it was set to 3.

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 15:30, Christian Hopp wrote:
[snip]
> Actually a SSLv23 client method is used when connecting to the service.
> That means, SSLv3 is used but it can roll back to SSLv2.
>
> Christian
You might want to double check, as my understanding of this was the
initial connection was sslv2 with a possible "upgrade" to sslv3. If
true, that would explain why my test wasn't working. You explanation of
the behavior does not.
Thanks!
--
-mdf [Mark D. Foster]   http://mark.foster.cc/