Re: monitoring status patch (Oliver's patch from 3.2.2003)

From: Oliver Jehle
Subject: Re: monitoring status patch (Oliver's patch from 3.2.2003)
Date: 11 Feb 2003 15:45:06 +0100

so i dont have to monit start process to re-monitor a always running
process after a monit restart ???

i think that the statefull configuration reload should be backed by a
file where the state of monitoring is written and read from after a
restart......

example:

if monit starts/reload          ->  check if state-file exists and
                                    if process running, set the state
                                    from file

if monit starts/stop process    ->  write actual state to file
if monit stops normally         ->  delete state file

the state file should contain the boot-time of the server. if the boot
time is > the boot time in the state file, then there was a server -
crash.... and start as normal startup....