Re: configuration patch - final version

From: Oliver Jehle
Subject: Re: configuration patch - final version
Date: 12 Feb 2003 07:24:47 +0100

I think, the format should be simple... and easy... for example

boottime \tab   3333333
status    \tab  stopped|started
timestamp \tab  4444444
config  \tab    param=x
config  \tab    param=y
processlist\tab heartput        active
processlist\tab b
processlist\tab c

so you can easy check it with a cat or more.... and its easy to read...
readline and with index the pos of the tab....

i don't like files, i can't view with a normal *nix tool...

i think, the boot time is important, because if you restart monit, you
should know, if the server is crashed (boottime in file != actual
boottime) or its a restart (crash| reload ) of monit... (boottime in
file == actual boottime)....