Re: monit 3.2 release - Monday is better

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: monit 3.2 release - Monday is better
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:48:08 +0100

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

Sorry for beeing a bit whimsical, but on second thought, I think
Friday is a bad day for a 3.2 release. It's right before the weekend
and I don't know about you guys but I plan to take the weekend off (so
should you :)

In case of any problems with a release we should be able to handle it,
so I suggest that we move the monit 3.2 release to monday 17. February.
Likewise for future releases that we always release at the start of
the week, i.e. Monday/Tuesday.
Do you agree?

Generaly i agree with you - it is always better not to do any big actions on friday :)

Btw. it will be better to remove device information gathering functions from the source of 3.2 - it isn't yet ported to BSD which has other interface for the same task and there will be probably problem with compilation on *BSD. I will return the functions to the CVS as soon as the rest of the code will be ready.

Martin