Re: monit 3.2 release - Monday is better

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: monit 3.2 release - Monday is better
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:10:12 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Martin Pala wrote:

> Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
>
> >Sorry for beeing a bit whimsical, but on second thought, I think
> >Friday is a bad day for a 3.2 release. It's right before the weekend
> >and I don't know about you guys but I plan to take the weekend off (so
> >should you :)
> >
> >In case of any problems with a release we should be able to handle it,
> >so I suggest that we move the monit 3.2 release to monday 17. February.
> >Likewise for future releases that we always release at the start of
> >the week, i.e. Monday/Tuesday.
> >
> >Do you agree?
> >
> Generaly i agree with you - it is always better not to do any big
> actions on friday :)

What about Sunday evening... so every admin who comes to work on
Monday morning knows... "there is a new monit version". (-:

Okay... Monday is +1

> Btw. it will be better to remove device information gathering functions
> from the source of 3.2 - it isn't yet ported to BSD which has other
> interface for the same task and there will be probably problem with
> compilation on *BSD. I will return the functions to the CVS as soon as
> the rest of the code will be ready.

I can start on the process children after Monday, too.

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113