monit gc.c monitor.c monitor.h

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: monit gc.c monitor.c monitor.h
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:34:20 -0500

CVSROOT:        /cvsroot/monit
Module name:    monit
Changes by:     Jan-Henrik Haukeland <address@hidden>   03/02/17 10:34:19

Modified files:
        .              : gc.c monitor.c monitor.h

Log message:
        Added missing Port_T garbage collection (Christian!:). Fixed SIGSEGV
problem
        with do_reinit. It's dangerous to call functions in a signal handler
because
        such a handler is asynchron. In my case the do_reinit freed the process
list
        and before it could create it again the validate function ran with the
result
        that the daemon died because validate now operated on freed memory.

        Reload on SIGHUP is now changed so the signal handler only sets a flag,
        (this is almost all a signal handler should do, and I still do not like
that
        we call log on the wakeup signal handler but that's another story). The
flag
        is tested for in the do_default function and if set the actual
reloading is
        conducted. Please test from CVS!

CVSWeb URLs:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/monit/monit/gc.c.diff?tr1=1.15&tr2=1.16&r1=text&r2=text