Re: monit exclude

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: monit exclude
Date: 28 Feb 2003 14:50:15 +0100

Igor Homyakov <address@hidden> writes:

> * Jan-Henrik Haukeland <address@hidden> [030217 21:40]:
> > Log message:
> >     Removed the PACKAGE file and contrib/packages directory until
> >     we get monit packages up to date.
>
> Can I commit monit.spec and some other files for the ALT Linux distr ?
> I am package mantainer.

Igor, I think, because ALT Linux already has the monit package (which
is great, thanks to you!) it's not necessary to include it in our CVS
repository(?). It's the same with Debian, they maintain their monit
package in the Debian system, likewise if Red Hat should decide to
include monit in a RH release we will (probably) be happy to let them
take responsibility for creating the RPM so we can continue to focus
on the code and development of monit. In the meantime we (that is,
Rory) will maintain a few packages for a few popular systems at
savannah.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland