Re: New feature I need

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: New feature I need
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:05:38 +0200

I think it could be done by extending present features (dependency stuff) + new support for device/directory/file services.

Example "virtual" configuration:

#  check process foo with pidfile /var/run/foo.pid
#    start program = "/etc/init.d/foo start"
#    stop program  = "/etc/init.d/foo stop"s
#    alert address@hidden
#    depends on bar
#
#  check file bar with path /var/run/bar
#

I think it is possible to let it work so, that if 'bar' test will be succesfull, it will start dependants. File/directory/device stuff isn't yet completed, but the core functionality of it is working well.

Martin

Rory Toma wrote:

Here's a new feature I need and am going to add locally, now I just want
to know if y'all would think this is useful.

Here's my situation:

I have a program that conditionally needs to be run, and if it's run, it
needs to be monitored. So, I would like to add something like:

check foo with pidfile bar only if baz

where for now, I can make baz some file that if it exists, run the
check.