monit 4.0 release todo list

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: monit 4.0 release todo list
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:17:07 +0200

>From the latest mail exchange I have compiled a list of items we will
need to finalize before a monit 4.0 release. (Are there other issues
you know of that we should add?)

TODO items:

1) Cleanup the documentation in the monit.pod file and align it with
   all the changes done in the code base.
   Responsible: Jan-Henrik

2) It would be great if Rory would find time to test monit on the many
   different machines and OS'es he has access to, particularly OS X
   and FreeBSD.
   Responsible: Rory

3) Cleanup stuff around the new exec statement and timestamp
   extension. That is, fix the monit -v debug info and info printed in
   the web-interface.
   Responsible: Jan-Henrik

4) Re-add the possibility to use a request in protocol tests
   Responsible: Martin

5) add size test for file service type
   Responsible: Martin

6) add uid and gid owner tests for file and directory service types
   Responsible: Martin

7) Test test test test test test test test and test :)
   Responsible: All

Suggestions:

- I suggest that we drop all the html documentation created by doxygen
  for the next release. I suspect that hardly anyone reads this anyway
  and it adds quite a bit of weight (in bytes) to the tar.gz file. The
  documentation should be easy to generate on the fly if anyone want's
  to, just run 'make doc'.

Release plan:

- I suggest that we try to set a release date no later than August 1.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland