Re: monit 4.0 release todo list

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: monit 4.0 release todo list
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:57:08 +0200

Martin Pala <address@hidden> writes:

> Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
>>4) Re-add the possibility to use a request in protocol tests
>>   Responsible: Martin

Sorry, it's me who should be responsible, it was a typing error :)

*
> What do you think?

I think I have solved this by introducing the method
socket_get_Port(). Protocol modules may call this method to obtain the
Port_T object :-)

>>Release plan:
>>
>>- I suggest that we try to set a release date no later than August 1.
>>

> I think it is too soon. We shall test every function and it's reaction
> to different environments and conditions, which will take lot of
> time. Before such complex tests can start, i think we must completely
> freeze the code and accept only bugfixes of detected bugs. Because the
> refactoring isn't finished completely and new functions  are to  be
> added,  i think we can have first beta (suitable for testing) at the
> end of upcomming week. I think it is possible to  prepare stable
> release candidate until beginning of september.

I had maybe hoped that we could release a bit faster than that, but
you are right that there are much to be done, so your estimate is
probably more on the mark. Let me rephrase, we release when we are
done (personally, I have a small hope that it's before the start of
September :)

I completely agree with you about the freeze; Let's freeze now and not
add any new functionality before the 4.0 release, except those already
mentioned at the start of this thread.

For my part, I think I will be ready with the programming part in the
TODO list tomorrow. There seems to be a couple of bugs reported in the
monit-general list which I will look into, unless Christian has time
and want's to give it a stab?

other than that, I will work on monit.pod and try to improve the
doc. and of course test.

Ps. I will need to get most of my stuff ready this week, because
afterwards I will be quite busy with the startup company.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland