Re: file/directory/device services

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: file/directory/device services
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:38:22 +0200

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

Jan-Henrik Haukeland <address@hidden> writes:

Well, I'm not sure :-) maybe start/stop is good? What are your
thoughts Martin?

On second thought maybe what I really react to is the restart event
posted when a file/dir/dev does not exist. I think a better solution
is to create special events for file/dir/dev. This way if a file for
instance does not exist you can post an EVENT_FILE_DOES_NOT_EXIST
event or EVENT_FILE_ERROR (or something like that) and have a new
event handler in event.c called handle_file() that acts on this
event. e.g. by calling the file's start method or whatever. The point
is that the alert message will become "File does not exist" instead of
"File restarted" and more important that there are special event
handlers for file/dir/dev events.

I don't know, just a suggestion. What do you think?

Good suggestion :)  I will explain original design goal in next mail.

Martin