Re: monit&dietlibc

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: monit&dietlibc
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:06:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Christian Hopp wrote:

Status update:

> I am trying to make monit run with dietlibc right now.  So far it runs
> well without ssl.  Some tweaking was necessary...

SSL needs libcrypto/libssl to be compiled with dietlibc... (test still
pending!).

> 1) autoconf (and finally configure) generates a "#define malloc
>    rpl_malloc", because it is not a libc malloc.  Dietlibc's malloc is
>    call malloc, thus it is undefined in monitor.h for dietlibc.

I have inserted a proper rpl_malloc in xmalloc to fulfill autoconf's
wishes for one.

> 2) A handmade getloadavg is used for dietlibc.

I "stole" a proper getloadavg from GNU sh-utils, added a
HAVE_GETLOADAVG to configure.ac and now we might be even more portable
on this point!

> 4) There is a problem with <stropts.h>... so far is simply not
>    included in case dietlibc is used...  but there is still a warning by
>    configure.

Still dont know!

As a result I got a compile success with uClibc. (-: But I was not
able to successfully start it.  It starts but then it hangs somewhere
(... over the rainbow).

CHopp

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113