Re: Status 4.0

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: Status 4.0
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:19:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Martin Pala wrote:

> I think it is not needed to release public beta - in the case that we
> agree that the code is complete, we can do private beta (freeze the
> code) and test it for example for one week. If we will find some bugs,
> we will fix it and repeat beta testing with new candidate. As soon as
> there will not be any urgent issue (we can build TODO list of non-urgent
> issues), we can decide whether to release or not. Just my 2 cents ...
> maybe this is too expensive for us (we all are busy of some other work too).
>
> Martin

I agree.  We do simply announce a freeze on the general list.  And we do
as many test on as many platforms as possible.  Maybe it is possible to do
it organized.  Everyone doing successful (or non successful) test simply
lists the system and the tested features.  So we can easy list what
features or os/feature combination haven't been tested yet.

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113