Re: Central monit (agian)

From: Caleb clark
Subject: Re: Central monit (agian)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 06:14:10 -0800

Hi, thanks for the response, Are you the person who started monit? if so
i just wanted to say that it is a great idea, and going in all the right
directions!

Will this new version be a replacement for monit?

I am new to the list, and posted first time just yesterday. My reason
was that I am building a cluster, using several bits of software, monit
driving the logic. But i got stuck where i need monit to be able to take
action on "alive" status. I saw in your post you thought this a good
idea, but did not see it in the TODO list on your site. Just wondering
if that is also in the works.

Im not much of a C programmer, but if there is anything  I could help
with in the project i would be more than willing to. Ive got a fairly
diverse enviroment here, AIX(4.33 / 5.1L) / Solaris and Debian Linux,

Looking forward to more of your and the teams excellent work!
-Caleb Clark

-Caleb Clark
-Network Analyst
-County of Mendocino
-Information Services

"Caleb clark" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi guys! I think this mail is directed to Jan-Henrick Haukeland.
>
> I saw a post back in Oct. with subject "Centralized monitoring". There
> was talk about designing a system with  "zild" and such. This is
exactly
> the application I am looking for.
>
> Just wondering if there is any progress on this?

I'm on it. That is, I had to work a bit on zild first to get the
necessary components finished there first. This is now done and I'm
starting on m/monit now and a beta should be available in a couple of
weeks.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland

Soo much to do, so little time