Re: \r sensivity in config?

From: Michael Shigorin
Subject: Re: \r sensivity in config?
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 08:59:45 +0300

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 01:20:24AM +0200, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
> Yep. I have added a fix to this in the lexer so CR is ignored.
> The control file you submitted now parse fine. I have only
> tested this file, so I'm grateful if you could test with a
> couple of more control files if you can?

Well I think the buglet was quite straightforward :-)  But still
OK ....see, 20040506 seems broken:

# monit
'etc/monitrc.d/apache:20: Error: include files not found
'/etc/monitrc.d/templates/rootrc
'etc/monitrc.d/apache:24: Error: include files not found
'/etc/monitrc.d/templates/rootbin
'etc/monitrc.d/apache:28: Error: include files not found
'/etc/monitrc.d/templates/rootbin

(files _are_ there -- forgot the closing tick?); just in case,
rechecked out 20040508 half an hour ago, seems like still not
enough \r's sprinkled over l.l (near /* eat the whitespace */) --
the same.

Note that converting *only* glob-included file (but not templates
which it does include) to Unix EOLs helps:

# dos2unix -U /etc/monitrc.d/apache
# monit
Starting monit daemon
Starting httpd at [localhost:2812]
# pidof monit
29343 29342 29341

Even if I specifically convert rootrc to CR/LF (dos2unix -D), it works:

# file /etc/monitrc.d/templates/rootrc
/etc/monitrc.d/templates/rootrc: ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
# killall monit; sleep 1; monit; pidof monit
Starting monit daemon
Starting httpd at [localhost:2812]
29520 29519

Hmm... one less process.

> You must check out monit from CVS to test.

BTW: http://savannah.gnu.org/download/monit/monit.pkg => 404, and
direct link like
under Download *could* be convenient too *if* it's not
intentional. :)

PS: strange to see only 4.2 at download places linked from main
page when it's known insecure.  Eh?

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <address@hidden>