Re: Process Resource Update

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Process Resource Update
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 23:06:51 +0200

Christian Hopp wrote:
On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Christian Hopp wrote:

Where ever I can, I can implement a sysdep version where I try to peek the
values directly from the system (like /proc/memory for linux).

I have done an implementation for LINUX and SOLARIS, all other use the
processtree code as a fallback for the total system memory.

Christian

I have tested it little bit again, works good :)

I have added presentation of the values to the cervlet - see 'System' row in the attached snapshot + extension patch (incremental)

Could be possible to add yet percentage of time spent in 'system' (kernel space)? It seems that current CPU percentage is related to userspace.

Another value which could be useful is number of blocked processes (which usualy means serious i/o problems). loadavg shows runnable (ready) processes already - could be possible to add something like:

loadavg_r[3] (formerly loadavg array)
loadavg_b[3]

Martin

JPEG image