Re: URL content checking [Vote]

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: URL content checking [Vote]
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 13:29:30 +0100

This is a nice feature and I propose that we try to implement this in monit. We need to vote, if we should add this feature in monit. So please cast your votes!

Here is mine +1

The proposal is as follows:
Add content monitoring to monit  so the following requirements are meet:

Check if a URL is up (responding)
Check if a URL does or does not contain a string

The only protocol supported for URL testing is HTTP(S). We suggest the following syntax in monit's control file for this new functionality: