Re: Monitoring Apache mod_status (was Apache, rotatelogs & chroot enviro

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Monitoring Apache mod_status (was Apache, rotatelogs & chroot environment)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:48:20 +0100

On Dec 10, 2004, at 12:54, David Fletcher wrote:

Here is are the code and documenation patchs for monitoring Apache's mod_status
that has been discussed on the Monit-General list.

Looks good, I'll check it in this weekend when I get time.

BTW, I see a shortcoming in the protocol test interface. I think there should be a way to kickback error reports to validate.c so it can be included in the alert. Now lots of interesting errors can only be logged. We can change the signature of a protocol test to: int check_foobar(Socket_T s, char **errors); Where the protocol-test can allocate an error string upon errors and assign it to the errors parametere. validate.c will use this error string in the alert if it is non-null and validate.c is also responsible for freeing the errors-buffer. What do you think?

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland