Re: monit CHANGES.txt gc.c l.l monitor.h p.y util.c...

From: Michael Shigorin
Subject: Re: monit CHANGES.txt gc.c l.l monitor.h p.y util.c...
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:25:21 +0200

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 10:15:12AM +0100, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
> >But maybe it could be possible to consolidate it internally,
> >i.e. both syntaxes may use common structure for protocol,
> >host, port, request, user, etc.
> Maybe, the port object has so much in it now.

BTW, is it reasonable to put at the back of the head something
like "make separate parser which is called when monit starts or
reloads and doesn't sit in memory with all the libraries involved
full time"?

If the parser is tightly coupled with data structures it fills
in, then oops.  If there's no real way of implementing this
without another parser (maybe extremely simplistic) -- then oops.
Otherwise it may ease the concerns of sophisticating the configs.

JM UAH.02, as usual...  Last time I've used YAML with Ruby, go
figure how far it is from system-level programming.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <address@hidden>