Re: weird memory stats (4.4)

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: weird memory stats (4.4)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:43:36 +0100

On Feb 24, 2005, at 14:24, Michael Shigorin wrote:

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 02:08:52PM +0100, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
Interesting, although this patch could not be applied to the
current  monit version in cvs.

Well here's an updated version; I didn't build cvs though.

Thanks, I'll like to hear from Rory first what he thinks before we apply this patch.

I also think Rory did something that fixed the  problem, can't
remember what it was though.

To me, SuSE version looks more concise anyways and Just Works --
maybe it's getpagesize() unavailability/brokenness on older
systems  / some arches that led to ...errr... somewhat perversive
methods of doing the translation?

getpagesize(2) hints that the syscall is quite established but
leaning to legacy.

I can ask our kernel maintainer what's the matter there since
replacing single function with loads of error-prone lines of code
is no good to me -- should I?

Well if it's not to much work it could be interesting to learn what he thinks.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255