Re: monit-4.7 release?

From: Marco Ermini
Subject: Re: monit-4.7 release?
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:15:13 +0100

Hi mates :-)

This is just to tell you that I am not dead (as Martin knows ;-)) and
that the Revenge of the Logger Legacy is coming back... can you feel
the phantom menage coming? ;-)

I am cleaning the dust from the old ugly patch about the logging
abilities that I did some time ago (about  this patch... it was not
nice at all but it's still working like a charm in a production
platform somewhere down in Vodafone Italy - AFAIK ;-)).

Now I am applying that patch in a nicer way to the current 4.7-beta2
Monit. I am basically enabling the users to customize the format of
the Monit's log. I can promise on my child's head that I am not
duplicating the code and not doing any other ugly stuff ;-)

This is something that is really needed (I can't even understand how
you may NOT need it ;-)). I will come back to you in some time ;-)

Cheers
Marco (now in Vodafone Deutschland...)