Re: [monit-dev] Adding a new keyword for a protocol test

From: Pierrick
Subject: Re: [monit-dev] Adding a new keyword for a protocol test
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 15:18:11 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Actually, I already have a functionnal test for SIP on TCP/UDP. For that, I
have followed protocols/NOTE.
But now, I'm trying to extend this test, with possibility for the user to
define :
- request uri (or phone number), wich allow him to change the target of the
test without a new compilation of sip.c
- max forward. It's a TTL (time to live) of the message. If is value is
equal at 0, some sip proxy respond to it, instead of the client. It allow
then to test proxy server (like openser, with some configuration)

In order to realize that, I had define 2 new keyword, in hope to obtain
value of theses parameters, like request in http test (or send / expect in
generic)

My goal in monitrc will be something like that :

check host SIP_test with address test_server
if failed proto sip port 5060 [type tcp/udp]
and touri "sip:monit" and maxforward 10
then alert

I have already the part 'if failed proto sip port 5060 type tcp (or udp) but
I don't have any clue on how to add and use new keyword in my test (here,
touri & maxforward).

Thanks for the help,

Pierrick Grasland
---------