Re: [monit-dev] A few config questions

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [monit-dev] A few config questions
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:02:14 +0200

On 21. april. 2008, at 11.17, Brian Candler wrote:

(1) In the attached config snippet, the pidfile location is hardcoded in
three separate places:

Can I simplify this to remove the duplication of the pidfile path?

You could put those start/stop statement into a small script to start and stop the program.

(2) What's the reason why /etc/monitrc cannot be a symlink? monit refuses to
start if this is the case.

Security, so there is a one-to-one mapping between monit and its control file. You can use the -c option to monit if you want to specify a control file in a non-default location.

(3) Is there any way in the web interface to perform group operations? In particular I'd like to be able to do "monit restart -g testapp" via the web,
but I haven't found a way to do this.

The web interface does not support this, but the command line does. You may also want to take a look at m/monit which allows you to select many services and perform an action on them, which is kind of what you are after.