Re: [monit-dev] Patch to ensure unique message-ids for notification mail

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [monit-dev] Patch to ensure unique message-ids for notification mails
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 22:24:43 +0200

Thanks for the report, instead of random I use a sequence number, but the idea is the same.

On 4. mai. 2008, at 19.35, Steve Purcell wrote:

I noticed that distinct monit notification mails were getting detected as duplicates; this can happen if a few services are restarted in the same polling period, for example, and is due to monit using only the UNIX time to build Message-Id headers.

Here's a suggested patch to make those headers somewhat more unique:

diff -r1.62 sendmail.c
190c190
< do_send(&S, "Message-id: <address@hidden>\r\n", time(NULL), S.localhost);
---