Re: [monit-dev] monitrc doesnt exist

From: pierrick grasland
Subject: Re: [monit-dev] monitrc doesnt exist
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:48:53 +0200

I compile it myself.

But I think it's a misunderstanding (sorry for my bad english level).

It's a change made previously, which remove /etc/monit/monitrc from default location. So, it's not bug (but I can't find in the changelog when it was made (somewhere between 4.8.2 and 4.10). When using debian etch package, /etc/monit/monitrc was allowed, but when I compile it, it was not, and I search for it.

Maybe Ivanka is in the same case.

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 1:01 PM, Brian Candler <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 11:33:21AM +0200, pierrick grasland wrote:
>    I encounter this problem to on debian, so I don't think it's from the
>    packaging.

Did you use a debian package, or did you compile monit yourself from source?

If the former, then it sounds very much like a packaging problem.

Furthermore, what exact version of monit are you running?

Looking at the source code of 4.10.1, I see that exactly the same logic is
used for reading the config file with or without -t. The difference the -t
flag makes is to *stop* monit from running after it has read the config
file.

 if(! parse(Run.controlfile)) {

   exit(1);

 }

 /*
  * Stop and report success if we are just validating the Control
  * file syntax. The previous parse statement exits the program with
  * an error message if a syntax error is present in the control
  * file.
  */
 if(Run.testing) {

   LogInfo("Control file syntax OK\n");