Re: [monit-dev] 5.1: spurious argument in console log

From: Michael Shigorin
Subject: Re: [monit-dev] 5.1: spurious argument in console log
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 00:01:49 +0200

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:36:05PM +0100, Martin Pala wrote:
> the warning can be ignored ... it just informs that "check
> system" is not defined so monit added it to configuration so it
> can check resource usage (CPU load and memory).

Well I didn't mind the warning itself.

> In your case the corruption seems quite strange ... the
> printf-debug patch which you mentioned has bug, as the
> LogWarning() format string is missing argument (compiler will
> most probably report this).

To my shame, initially I even managed to forget trailing \n,
so you guess. :(

> The problem could be maybe related to locale.

It's 8-bit and somewhat specific -- I use mostly C locale
with some bits set to Russian (which I usually speak) and
some others to Ukrainian (which my environment should be
compatible with):

$ locale
LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R
LC_CTYPE=uk_UA.KOI8-U
LC_NUMERIC=C
LC_TIME=C
LC_COLLATE=uk_UA.KOI8-U
LC_MONETARY=C
LC_MESSAGES=C
LC_PAPER="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
LC_NAME="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
LC_ADDRESS="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
LC_TELEPHONE="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
LC_MEASUREMENT="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
LC_ALL=

> The patch to remove the warning is attached, we'll release
> monit-5.1.1 wit fix soon.

Yes, it did hide the warning, obviously.

> If you'll see the problem even after patch application can you
> please send us output of "locale" command?

I'm not sure the actual data elsewhere isn't still corrupted...

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <address@hidden>