Re: [monit-dev] Suggestion to implement sendmail interface for monit

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [monit-dev] Suggestion to implement sendmail interface for monit
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 18:55:35 +0100

Hi Sergey

I think you argue quite convincing against this feature yourself in the
discussion thread you refer to. I agree with all your points and may only add
this; Delivering alert mails to an external server is a sound principle incase
the server should have a e.g. a disk crash. Ten years ago it may have made
sense to add this feature, but in todays cloud and virtual servers environment
doing local alert mail delivery is becoming a corner case. So, no we will not
add this feature and even if we got a patch for it I'm not sure we would
include it.

Best regards