Re: [monit-dev] Systemd unit file (also: repo?)

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [monit-dev] Systemd unit file (also: repo?)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 22:52:03 +0100

On Jan 14, 2012, at 8:20 PM, Michael Shigorin wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 05:03:23PM +0100, Martin Pala wrote:
>> I have tested the monit.service on FC16 - works fine, added
>> some comments to it. The file is part of the distribution now
>> (contrib/monit.service), the path in the monit template is set
>> to /usr/local/bin/monit where it installs by default.
>
> Is hardwiring more reasonable than relying on PATH variable,
> or is it unset during that exec?

I don't know about that, but I guess the proper way to set paths is to do this
from configure. So I've modified monit.service so it is generated by configure
and the Monit binary path is set at configure time. I.e.;

address@hidden@/bin/monit -I
address@hidden@/bin/monit quit
address@hidden@/bin/monit reload