Re: Some little inconsistencies with 'restart'...

From: rory
Subject: Re: Some little inconsistencies with 'restart'...
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 09:09:06 -0700 (PDT)

> In the second case it's probably a good idea to print instead:
>
> monit: Cannot restart program 'sldkfj' -- not found in
> /home/hauk/.monitrc
>
> and quit. I'll update the code with this change.

Actually, there should probably be a restart program field as well. When
we add the change to define the script dir, we should add this change as
well, so we could have:
set scriptdir "/etc/rc.d.init.d"
set rundir "/var/run"

check portmap

check apache
port 80 type tcp

check foo
restart program = "foo restart"

so that by default, stop and start are defined as ${scriptdir}/${program}
stop|start, restart is a stop and start and pidfile is
${rundir}/${program}.pid.
The only question is whether for restart program if $0 stop; $0 start or
$0 restart should be the default.