Nagios Integration

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Nagios Integration
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:25:44 -0600

I'm a big network tools buff, and use Netsaint/Nagios, cricket, and
other fun programs to monitor everything around me.

So here's my next funky question.

I'd love to signal Nagios or other programs about monit events.

The email interface is great, but in addition I'd love the ability to
call an arbitrary program with arguments. Presumably the arguments
would include the $EVENT, $PROGRAM, $DATE, and $HOST variables in
different arrangements.

Were that the case, I could use Netsaint/Nagio's passive alerts to
receive and centrally store issues reported by monit.

Yes, I could setup a long tricky chain parsing the email in procmail,
etc, but I figure this should be an easy addon.

Comments?

Russell